How to alleviate pain from structural damage to spine?

Q: Dear Dr. Mao,
I have spine pain that is due to a fall down the stairs when I was sixteen. Recently I had an x-ray and discovered that one bone gap is smaller than others. Sometimes my neck cannot move because it too painful. What can I do to alleviate the pain?

A: It appears that you may have suffered a structural damage during your fall. Unfortunately, these types of chronic structural problems are not easily corrected. Notwithstanding surgical corrections, acupuncture, Tui na, and other physical medicines can help alleviate pain and over a long period of time will produce results. Patience and consistency is the proper approach.

Additionally, you might want to try the herbal formula “Pain” to help relax your muscles and soothe your pain. Of course, discuss with your physician before beginning any new health regime.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Buzz
  • StumbleUpon
  • email
This entry was posted in Back and Shoulder Pain, Q&A.