Q: Dear Dr. Mao,
What are some remedies for dysentery?
A: If you have dysentery, it is very important that you prevent dehydration with plenty of fluids.
Here are some natural remedies:
1. Drink one-cup daily of carrot juice mixed with a little ginger juice, honey, and green tea.
2. Make mung bean soup and drink throughout the day.
3. Stir-fry ginger, garlic, celery and peas together; incorporate into regular diet.
4. Eat four persimmons daily.
5. Soak plums in rice wine for three days; take 10 plums two times daily.
6. Make sweet potato and pumpkin mush and eat three times a day; for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
7. Steam black tree fungus with a little sugar in about 1-1/2 cups of water.
8. Powder charcoal-dried ginger, and take 1 teaspoon with soupy rice.
You may find these specially formulated Traditions of Tao products helpful for dysentery: “Abundant Energy” and “Acid Stomach”. Of course, discuss with your physician before beginning any new health regime.