Seek professional counseling with depression?

Q: Dear Dr. Mao,
What are some signs that I should seek professional counseling to help with depression?

A: Chronic depression is a very debilitating and dangerous condition often leading to long-term health problems as well. Seek assistance if you have thoughts of injuring yourself, feel a lack of self-worth, are unwilling to engage in social situations, or have an inability or unwillingness to participate in daily life activities. Often, a mild depression goes undiagnosed and leads to long-term health problems.

If you feel uncomfortable with allopathic physicians, visit a holistic healer, acupuncturist, or homeopath; there are natural remedies, dietary aids and exercise programs that can help you regain your confidence and break the depressive state.

You might try the herbal formula “Mood Elevation” to help relieve depression and calm the mind. Of course, discuss with your physician before beginning any new health regime.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Buzz
  • StumbleUpon
  • email
This entry was posted in Depression, Q&A.